Visible Network Labs Forums PARTNER Tools Support Help using the new PARTNER Platform

3 voices
8 replies
  • Author
    Sara Sprong
    Keymaster

Hi- this is Sara Sprong, Chief Product Owner at Visible Network Labs. This topic was created to give you another avenue to ask questions and seek help when accessing the new PARTNER platform.

Sara Sprong
    Keymaster

If you were a previous PARTNER user, what is your favorite new feature of the new platform?

If you are new to PARTNER, what is your favorite feature of the platform?

Leah
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying out the quick upload three column spreadsheet option, I’m stuck on the submit option…what’s supposed to happen? Is it my macros? Any suggestions? Thanks

Dave Hackett
    Participant

For the Data Uploader, it would help to offer an example of a data-set so we can better understand how to fill out the columns for the first time.

Sara Sprong
    Keymaster

Hi Leah,

When you open the file, you will need to enable content (macros). When you have filled in your data on the Groups and Relationships sheets, click the “Export to PARTNER Format” on the Relationships sheet. A popup will appear letting you choose where to save the file. You will go back into the Platform under Dashboards and the data uploader page. Click “Browse for data file” under number 4, select your file, and click open. Are you having trouble with the saving (export to PARTNER format) or the uploading in the platform once saved?

Are you using a Mac? Would you mind sending me the file you are trying to upload: partnertool@visiblenetworklabs.com?

-Sara

Sara Sprong
    Keymaster

Great idea Dave! I will work on this and we will put an example up in the next day or so.

-Sara

Leah
    Participant

Hi Sara,
    Thanks much for the prompt and detailed reply. Yes, I am using a Mac. I am stuck on the step: click the “Export to PARTNER Format” on the Relationships sheet. No pop up appears and when I go to upload, I can not find anything in “Partner” format. So probably, nothing is saved? I’ll send the spreadsheet I’m working with.
    Thanks.

Leah
    Participant

Also, really love the term Keymaster. I could be completely geeking out, but is it a Ghostbusters 2 reference?

Sara Sprong
    Keymaster

Hi Dave, an organizational example file is on the site now. There are also some details provided as comments in the column headers.

Sara

topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.